It's one of our favourite times of year and with that we wanted to share our Halloween top tips for kicking your celebrations up a gear. Let's get scary!
Trick or Treat?
For us it's always treat, here are two of our favourite recipes for your spooky day.
The Trixy Cappuccino
You will need:
- Single-shot of Pumpkin spiced syrup
- Double espresso
- Steamed milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Add the syrup shot to your espresso.
- Pour in the steamed milk.
- Give it a little stir and add a dusting of cinnamon powder.
Tip: For an extra kick add crushed cardamom and ginger to a tea strainer and let diffuse in your espresso for 3 minutes before adding the other ingredients.
You will need:
- 1 Betty Cocker Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 7.5 oz marshmallow crème
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 tube of vanilla icing
- Bake Devil's Food cake mix according to package instructions and let cool.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl combine butter, confectioners’ sugar, marshmallow crème, vanilla extract, and salt and beat until fluffy and combined.
- Make the ganache: In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream just until it bubbles. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour over heavy cream. Let stand 2 minutes, then whisk until chocolate is completely combined.
- Pour ganache over cake. Frost a spiral of frosting on top of the ganache and use a toothpick to draw cobwebs. Voila!
Cue the horror films
Now you have your treats, it's time to add the scary part of your day. Cue the movies...
We love scary movies and there are so many great ones to pick from. Here are a few of our favourites perfect for any horror fan.
- The Purge - directed by James DeMonaco
- Switchblade Romance - directed by Alexandra Aja
- The Shining - directed by Stanley Kubrik
- Paranormal Activity - directed by Oren Peli
- Eden Lake - directed by James Watkins
How do you celebrate your halloween? We'd love to hear how you spend this spooky time of year, so let us know.