As the brisk winds of autumn usher in the festive season, there's no better way to warm both heart and palate than with the enticing aroma of freshly baked coffee and pecan mince pies.
This delightful treat combines the rich flavours of marzipan, mincemeat and pecans nestled within a golden shortcrust pastry shell.
Ingredients (makes 24):
- 450g sheet of fresh ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, brought to room temperature
- 50g of marzipan, cut into 24 delectable morsels
- ½ x 411g jar of mincemeat, a key player in the symphony of flavours
- 24 chopped pecans, adding a nutty crescendo to each bite
- 1 espresso shot of Mara Coffee (single or double)
- Optional: double cream, caster sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C.
- Unroll the pastry and use a fluted cutter to stamp out 24 x 6cm circles and 24 star shapes (tops).
- Use the circles to line 2 x 12-hole mini bun tins.
- Roll each piece of marzipan into a ball then press gently into each pastry case, flattening slightly.
- Add a teaspoon of mincemeat to each pastry case then sprinkle a teaspoon of the espresso coffee on top.
- Add the chopped pecans on top of the filling.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry achieves a golden hue.
- Remove the mince pies from the oven and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Brew a cup of fresh coffee whilst waiting for the mince pie's to cool.
- Optional: Gently whip together the double cream, caster sugar, and ground cinnamon until soft peaks form. Spoon the spiced cream onto your freshly made cup of coffee.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Savour the symphony of flavours, where each bite tells a tale of the season and each sip warms the soul. Welcome to the enchanting world of seasonal indulgence.
Experience the perfect union of pastry perfection and coffee elegance in every delicious bite.