Happy Easter brownies! They are just so perfect with a good cup of African speciality coffee.
- 185g butter
- 150g dark chocolate (I used 70% divine chocolate)
- 3 large eggs
- 285g light brown sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 20g raw cacao
To decorate you will need:
- Mini eggs/smarties eggs 🥚
- Malteaser bunnies or anything easter choc themed you fancy really! You could even use your leftover eggs
Heat your oven to 180c and prepare your brownie tin with grease proof paper and grease well.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool for a few minutes
- Use an electric whisk to mix together the eggs and sugar until doubles in size and fluffy ( about 5 mins of mixing)
- Add the wet chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar. Fold in gently
- Sieve over the flour and raw cacao
- Fold all the ingredients together once more using a spatula
- Mix in some of your mini eggs!
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins
- After 20 mins take out of the oven and lightly press in your Malteasers and some more of your eggs. Chop some of the eggs up for a slightly different colourful effect
- Bake for 5 more mins in the oven and then remove and allow to cool well before chopping into squares.
These will keep well for a few days in an airtight container- if they last that long!
To make it vegan replace the butter with a vegan alternative and use an egg replacer like flaxseed.
Happy Easter coffee lovers!