It's hot outside, you have a craving for coffee but you also need to cool down. That is when you need to switch up your coffee routine and opt for an iced coffee.
In today's recipe we are dipping our toes into the world of bubble coffee. Join us in making this refreshing and fun drink perfect for any summer's day. Time to explore!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Espresso shot (single or double depending on taste preference)
- 2-3 tbsp tapioca pearls (we used WuFuYuan Tapioca Pearls)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 200 ml of milk (we use oat or coconut milk)
- Firstly make your espresso shot, we always opt for a double espresso shot but if you like your coffee a little milder a single shot is ideal. Leave your espresso to one side so it can cool.
- Boil 2-3 tbsp of tapioca pearls following the cooking instructions on the packet.
- Once your tapioca pearls are cooked and have cooled down add them to a small bowl with 1tbsp of maple syrup or raw honey. Mix with a spoon until all the pearls are coated.
- Get your glass and pour in the tapioca pearl mix.
- Add 3-4 ice cubes on top of the pearls.
- Pour in 200ml of cold milk.
- Finally pour over your espresso shot and watch the beautiful textures and colours of this delicious drink.
- All that's left to do is add your straw, give it a stir and enjoy this incredibly refreshing drink.
This is one of our new go-to summer drinks. Try it out and let us know what you think. Until next time, have a great day.