If you're looking for the perfect Sunday morning treat then this is the recipe for you. Fluffy pancakes, with a rich mocha syrup and your favourite cup of coffee is your new weekend must-have. Get your coffee beans and let's begin!
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 single shot espresso
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, milk, single espresso shot and melted butter. Stir together until combined (a few lumps are okay).
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated griddle or pan and cook each side until lightly browned. Serve hot with mocha syrup (below).
- In a small saucepan whisk together the coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir until syrup begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. This can be enjoyed warm or chilled.
Now all that's left to do is make a cup of your favourite coffee and take a step into pure breakfast heaven. Enjoy!